Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Tiramisu and Homemade Savoiardi (Lady Fingers)

I made this cake for my older sister's birthday, surprising her on the day with a plain white box tied with golden trimmings. 
She thought I bought it from some dessert shop!
There's a compliment hidden somewhere there...it meant she thought it looked good enough to be in a shop:) An even better compliment though was that she had three other cakes given by friends and family but my Tiramisu was polished off first;)

This was a labor of love...considering I had to make everything from scratch! 
Well, not the mascarpone cheese because I was pressed for time but I was going to. I'll definitely try making my own next time I do this cake. 
I dusted the top with dark cocoa powder and dark chocolate curls for that extra pizazz! 

1 comment:

  1. This looks wonderful! Would you share the recipe? I would love to make it! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete